Thursday, April 1, 2010

ROAR! Lion's Mane

When my friend Jen was in town visiting a few months ago and found out that I knit, she asked me to knit a lion hat for her orange cat. She then went home and never suspected that I was actually working on the hat. Then she got a job here and ended up moving out here, and as a welcome present, I gave her the hat, which I had completed about a week before she got here. I tried the hat on Leia and the boys as I was making it, to make sure that it would fit:



And here it is on her orange cat:



She also put it on her other cat, but he pulled it off pretty quickly. Also, each of Jen's cats is about the size of my boys put together. Big cats, and adorable.

2 comments:

  1. Would you be willing to post the pattern for this? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous
    Thanks! The pattern is Bear Costume Hat for Pet (Knit Version) by Lindsay Smith (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bear-costume-hat-for-pet-knit-version) and I just made some alterations. I added ear holes (just casting off some stitches and then casting them back on the next row) and the mane was crocheted on with chain loops, held down by a sc here and there. I may or may not have also made it in the round, I don't remember now.

    ReplyDelete