Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wedding Planning

I'm getting married in a week, and Elijah and I are very excited, especially now that almost everything is done for it. The wedding is in Connecticut, in my hometown, so all the vendors are local to that area.

Caterer- A Thyme to Cook. We tasted the food in December, and everything- and I do mean everything- is delicious. I even liked things that I don't normally like, like couscous and peppers! I got to taste cake flavors over spring break, and we've decided on having two flavors- the bottom tier of the cake will be (my choice) lemon cake with lemon curd and raspberry filling, and the middle and top tiers will be vanilla cake with fresh strawberry filling (since Elijah doesn't really like lemon). We'll also be having other little desserts, so everyone will be able to find something that they like.

In March, I met again with the florist, Bakes & Baldwin. I chose the flowers for my bouquet (mostly cream, with a little white to add dimension, and bits of lavender and light blue flowers here and there) and for my maid of honor bouquets (the inverse of mine- mostly lavender and light blue with a little cream).

I had my second fitting for my dress; she had already done the bustle so Mom got a chance to practice putting it up. AND I finally found shoes! My feet aren't exactly narrow, but the toes are, I guess, so any open-toed shoe had the tendency for my toes to slide out and stick out past the toe of the shoe. Finally I found a pair of shimmery silver heels which fit and look great!

We picked up my ring from the jeweler, Wil McNabb in Flagstaff, the other day. It's white gold, to match my engagement ring (which has purple sapphires channel-set all the way around), and has the Hebrew phrase "Ani l'dodi v'dodi li", which means "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine." Elijah's ring has the same phrase and is in two-tone white and yellow gold.

Photos to come after the wedding!

0 comments:

Post a Comment