Friday, January 8, 2010

Gift yarncraft

This year, for the first time, I did a lot of gift knitting and crocheting. Of course, I forgot to take pictures of the finished objects before I gave them! I do have a picture of what I made my little cousin last year, though, a set of fairy tale finger puppets and a castle box to keep them in (click to embiggen):


I made my mom the Strands of Pearls Pullover (Ravelry link) for her birthday, which is a few days after Christmas. I thought it was perfect, according to the measurements she gave me, but she tried it on and thought that the sleeves are too short, so I packed it up and took it home to lengthen the cuff. So much for making the cuff and hem exactly the same length! Still deciding how I'm going to do that, since the sleeves are done cuff-up. I'm thinking that removing the current cuff, picking up the stitches and knitting down would probably be the easiest way at this point.

Work on the new website, aside from adding new content, is basically done. I'm having a slight issue with some of my buttons, as they're supposed to look different on mouseover. Since the code there is copied exactly from the old website, which works, I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'll look into it when I get time.

Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment